A roundup of 15 warm drinks to keep you cozy and thriving through the Winter season.
1. TURMERIC & VANILLA SPICE LATTE: I go right to this drink when I have some back pain or sore muscles. The anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric are easy to love, but the flavour of this drink is so comforting with all the cinnamon and vanilla.
2. BETTER THAN BULLETPROOF COFFEE: Raw cashew butter is are secret weapon here. Once you throw it in the blender with some hot coffee, it becomes so creamy and frothy. Some version of this is usually my first beverage in the morning, and it wakes me right up :)
3. GINGER MAPLE MOLASSES LATTE: With molasses and ground ginger, this one has a bit of a ginger cookie vibe. It’s just spices and warm almond milk, but it could definitely stand up to a bit of coffee or strong-brewed black tea if you need a kick.
4. FEEL BETTER TEA: This warm sipper of gently heated pineapple juice with ginger, spices, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup hits the spot if you’re starting to get a few sniffles. I find that pineapple soothes my throat like nothing else when it’s sore or just rough from all the Winter dryness.
5. LEMON LAVENDER TEA LATTE: You can customize this tea latte based on what kind of tea you like to drink (black, yerba mate, rooibos etc). The lemon and lavender lift the flavour profile up, but they keep everything calm and soothing too. When made with slightly sweet rooibos tea, this one almost has a lemon meringue feel.
6. COCONUT CASHEW MATCHA LATTE: A throw-it-all-in-the-blender approach to matcha lattes. The cashews make this creamy and have a bit of natural sweetness as well. My favourite matcha these days is any of the entry level “balanced” ones (ie not the mega pricy umami ones) by Ippodo Tea.
7. CACAO HAZELNUT HUG: This one shamelessly tastes like a warm mug of nutella goodness, but with health-supporting ingredients. The froth on this one is unreal–something about the combination of coconut AND hazelnut butter.
8. COCONUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE: A delicious go-to hot choclate sweetened with dates and with a kiss of coconut. The preparation method for this one is unusual and very fun. Hot water and chopped chocolate are combined in an upright blender for deeply creamy results ;)
9. INSTANT CALM TEA LATTE: Chamomile and lavender join forces in this soothing warm drink. Vanilla mellows the flavour out even further. This one is perfect for your evening wind down routine.
10. ADAPTOGENIC HOT COCOA: A simple almond butter-based cocoa with a linch of cordyceps powder to keep you energized and help you cope with stress. I extra love a bit of cordyceps right before a workout–it’s like a very wholesome liquid motivation for me.
11. BLUE MAJIK TODDY WITH GINGER & LEMON: I typically reserve Blue Majik (a form of spirulina) for my smoothies, but this alternative beverage hits me just right when I’ve been over-indulging a bit. The lemon and ginger are nice and sharp here.
12. DOUBLE BERGAMOT, DOUBLE VANILLA EARL GREY LATTE: Better than any earl grey latte you could buy, honestly.
14. WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA WITH HERBAL COFFEE: This one came to be when I needed to find a use for some cacao butter that was languishing in my pantry. This one is sweet and decadent. Feel free to make it with legit coffee, rather than herbal ;)
15. SWEET FIRE TONIC: A gently warmed juice of orange, carrot, and ginger with some cayenne and apple cider vinegar. Pretty much guaranteed to make you feel better if you’re stuffed up or just feeling kinda blah.
And bonus! Here’s a few other high vibrational beverages from around the internet that I have my eye on. Let me know what kind of winter warmers you’ve been sipping on lately in the comments.
🖤 “Not Coffee” Homemade Mushroom Coffee Mix from Yum Universe
🖤 Magical Moon Time Latte from Wholehearted Eats
🖤 Bliss Miss with Tocomellows from Moon Juice
🖤 Macadamia Yerba Mate Latte from Will Frolic For Food
🖤 Healing Chaga Latte from House of Citrine