The vegan white chocolate mocha is a relaxing and indulgent afternoon pick-me-up that’s extra relaxed with the addition of herbal coffee. Super creamy and naturally dairy-free with raw cashews and cacao butter!
We’re having a very relaxed weekend over here with a bonus Monday off for Mark. It’s a little overdue because we’ve both been working a lot. Lots of hikes, laundry, good meals, and maybe a trip to the new Whole Foods just over the border so that I can re-stock myself on that Kite Hill cream cheese and maybe a Miyoko’s wheel or two.
This is my healthy take on a decadent vegan white chocolate mocha. I use cacao butter and herbal coffee to chill it out a bit. Just the right amount of sweetness brings this into OMG territory. It’s so delicious. In my last post, I mentioned my constant soaking of cashews, and this drink right here is yet another reason to do so. I know that cacao butter isn’t exactly an on-hand ingredient for most people, but I’m the kind of person that definitely bought it one time for a recipe and I’ve been struggling to use it up ever since. If you’re like me, you’ll appreciate this one. Some links for you below!
Which sleepytime tea reigns supreme?
I can barely keep up with what’s working and what’s not in terms of online content creation. My coping strategy is just to keep my head down and focus on what I do best, rather than change the whole model or pursue new earning strategies. If you have a blog or work creatively online, this piece is a must-read. This part scared me though “The act of watching has replaced the act of making/doing for a lot of younger readers.”
Did you watch Chasing Coral on Netflix? Did you feel the same inescapable dread for days afterward? :|
Latest and greatest YouTube channel obsession: The Fullest.
That plant gang life/filling the void in your life-life.
A likeness of my parents’ house/lawn was on a national fertilizer brand’s bag for years. A lush, ultra green front lawn is a natural point of pride for a lot of North Americans in the summertime. It’s kind of weird though, right?
Can’t resist a little late-in-the-game #FirstMessCookbook promo. Tess made the weeknight root vegetable dal and Alana made the super vibrant green noodle soup with coconut lemongrass broth. Recipes are up on both of their sites, just in time for an early jump on vegan soup recipes season.
Vegan White Chocolate Mocha
- 30 grams lightly chopped cacao butter (about 1 teaspoon once it’s chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dandyblend or other herbal coffee of choice
- 1 tablespoon soaked cashews
- 1 teaspoon coconut/MCT oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener, to taste (I used 6 drops of stevia)
- 12 ounces just-boiling water
- In an upright blender that can handle hot liquids, combine the cacao butter, herbal coffee, cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, and sweetener of choice. Pour the hot water over everything and let it sit for 30 seconds or until the cacao butter has melted.
- Slowly bring the blender’s speed up to high and blend the mixture until the cashews are completely liquefied, about 30 seconds. Pour the vegan white chocolate mocha into a mug and enjoy.
- The thing about traditional white chocolate is that it’s SWEET. I leave that level and method up to you, but just felt the need to put that out there. I received a sample of Anima Mundi Herbals’ vanilla stevia recently and it’s amazing. Highly recommended. Maple syrup or a soft date would also be delicious though!
- I used MCT oil for this, but any concentrated and rich fat source is great. Coconut butter, virgin coconut oil, or ghee (if you consume dairy) are all good choices.
- The herbal coffee that I use dissolves in hot water. If yours is the kind that you have to brew, make yourself a strong 12 ounces first and then pour it into the blender on top of all the other ingredients.