Winter sparkle juice is a refreshing sip guaranteed to cure you of any winter blahs. Loaded with fresh and seasonal citrus, cool cucumber, and spicy ginger. No sugar added to this flavourful juice.
Hey happy Saturday! We’re not up to too much this weekend and I couldn’t be happier about it. A little grocery shopping, some laundry, a couple yoga classes, and I’m testing my top secret game day recipe that will go up here next week. It’s gonna be a real club banger, I promise you ;)
For now, we can hydrate ourselves with this perfectly refreshing winter sparkle juice. It takes advantage of all the beautiful citrus that’s around right now, has a nice dose of super fresh cucumber, and a hint of spicy ginger. Guaranteed to make you sparkle, or at least feel sparkly. Even though I’m into the seasonal stuff, I still like to take a break from a bunch of cabbage and potatoes to have some fresh and vibrant raw deliciousness sometimes. It just feels good, so I do it! :D.
If you like the refreshing vibes of this drink, you may also like my Minty Cucumber Limeade, Sweet Fire Tonic, or my Super Healthy Ginger, C & Greens Smoothie.
Links are a little light this week, oops! Just had a super busy week, and spent any free time I had reading Circe (so good!). Hope you enjoy the few that are here, and I hope that you have a great weekend.
Have you read the EAT-Lancet Commission on Food, Planet, Health report yet? This piece has a good summary. “On average, the diet would halve global consumption of red meat and sugar, and more than double the amount of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes, consumed worldwide today.” More on the Eat-Lancet Commission here.
Breaking through your fears, any limiting beliefs, and then building a life with good habits.
I swear this is the last time I will mention Marie Kondo in 2019! Loved this article: What White, Western Audiences Don’t Understand About Marie Kondo’s ‘Tidying Up’
Instagram account and entity that I’m learning a lot from: The Nap Ministry.
I don’t know if I have a strange sense of humour (I love it when TV shows make me cringe so hard that I almost have to turn away), but I am really into Nathan For You these days. Like I am laughing to the point of stomach pain watching this.
Loving Well + Good’s ReNew Year 2019. Lots of good tips and strategies for having your best year ever.
Winter Sparkle Juice
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and chopped (remove white pith)
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped (remove white pith)
- ½ seedless English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- ½ cup water
- ice, for serving (optional)
- I make this in a blender and then fine strain the result to make the juice. If you have a juicer, feel free to use that instead!
- I used a Cara Cara orange because I had it on hand and the rosy hue was hard to resist. A regular old navel orange is fine though!
- Both my grapefruit and orange were super sweet. If you’re finding the juice a bit on the bitter side, stir in a bit of agave nectar or other sweetener you like.
- In an upright blender, combine the grapefruit, orange, cucumber, ginger, and water. Bring the speed up to high and blend until completely smooth and liquified. Strain the juice through either a fine mesh strainer positioned over a bowl or through a nut milk bag. Serve the juice over ice if you like. Winter sparkle juice will keep in a sealed bottle in your fridge for up to 5 days.