Immortal coffee goes one step beyond bulletproof coffee and is totally 100% vegan. Rich and creamy cashew butter and MCT oil make this so good And frothy. You just need a blender!
Casually trying to upstage bulletproof coffee with this totally vegan IMMORTAL number here. Did I go too far? Well, maybe. It’s in that same super creamy, kinda fatty, and quite satiating vein. I’m a fan of it when I need to get out the door quickly in the morning and I need a good bit of fat to go with my caffeine so that I don’t succumb to ultimately unsatisfying protein/granola bars or some other takeaway item in a bunch of packaging. I will disclose that this version is super rich! Dial back the MCT oil and cashew butter if you think it might be too much for you.
I hope that you’re having a great weekend so far! We’re in for some truly spring-like weather, so I’m hoping we can spend a lot of time outside. I might be tempted to start cleaning up my garden beds and other things–just to get an early jump on it. Spring is a very busy season for me so far, so any little bit I can get ahead on is great. Lots of cool new partnerships on the up and up, a bunch of family stuff, a little weekend away in Iowa for this Spring Pig-nic event that I’m speaking at, and one very cool new project that I’m trying to stay mum about but having a hard time ;)
Here’s a few links that I enjoyed/found interesting this week. Catch ya over here soon!
🖤 On success! Looking forward to the exploration of this theme on Man Repeller this month. “We are all shaped by what we want, on levels visible and ingrained.”
🖤 Up for consideration: The Most Overhyped Wellness Promises, Debunked. Also just want to add that just because I’m linking to this, doesn’t mean I 100% agree with everything in here.
🖤 Amazing Instagram finds this week: time lapse videos of cactus flowers blooming + an incredible henna artist.
🖤 I’m majorly inspired by Erin Ireland. She’s such a positive force in the vegan community, and I dream about eating all the goodies from her 100% plant-based bakery all the time. This interview with her popped up in my feed randomly this week and I loved it.
🖤 New low-to-zero waste self care brands that I’m trying: Elate Cosmetics (loose powder and creme blush) and Unwrapped Life shampoo and conditioner bars.
🖤 Beyond Meat is a WILD success story. As they approach their IPO, their founder reflects on the past and future of protein.
🖤 I don’t care what anyone thinks, I am enjoying Kourtney Kardashian’s new wellness-focused website. Anything that brings a tiny extra shred of consciousness into people’s lives, I’m here for it. She has the reach to do that for a lot of people.
🖤 Further discussion on diet culture via Healthy-ish this week. “Creating and following diets…is a sort of immortality ritual..”
🖤 New-ish to me podcast that I’m enjoying: Forever35. Also the One Part Podcast is back yay!
Immortal Coffee (Deluxe Vegan Bulletproof Coffee)
- 10 ounces hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ a Medjool date to sweeten (you can use more or less/none, to taste)
- I really enjoy the richness of this drink and find that it suits me better on days when I need to be on the go, but I still want to feel satisfied. One of these plus a piece of fruit = surprisingly satiating breakfast if you’re short on time.
- Raw (as opposed to roasted) cashew butter is preferable for me personally–it’s also really versatile! It’s an excellent quick base for a salad dressing or creamy pasta sauce.
- You can substitute coconut oil for the MCT oil if you like.
- In an upright and vented blender (like a Vitamix), combine the coffee, cashew butter, MCT oil,vanilla, salt, and date (if using). Slowly bring the speed up to high and blend until coffee is totally creamy, frothy, and smooth.
- Pour the immortal coffee into your favourite mug and enjoy immediately.