Beautiful and hydrating strawberry chia fresca with lemon and rosewater is perfect for warm summer days on the patio or post-workout hydration.
Do chia drinks freak you out? I kind of gravitate to the juices and other drinks with all the little floaties in them. I’m all about that hydration any way I can get it. My man is the opposite. One time on a little day trip in the Boston area, we stopped at a Whole Foods for a quick lunch and my chia kombucha just exploded out of the bottle and he had to actually look away because he was so grossed out.
Chia fresca is the original chia seed beverage though. It has roots in Latin America and usually involves chia seeds, water, and some kind of citrus juice. This one plays on that combination with some strawberries juiced up in the mix and a kiss of rosewater. It’s a pretty special beverage. You can just feel it enlivening your whole being up when you sip it down. Hope everyone has a calm and totally centered kinda weekend. We’re installing a storm door among other exciting things, so you know it’s gonna be a real party over here ;)
“You don’t need more motivation or inspiration to create the life you want. You need less shame around the idea that you’re not doing your best.”
What happens when you drink a gallon of water every day? I’m in the midst of figuring this out myself right now actually.
I used to have a Nike FUEL band when they first came out, and for a time it was useful enough. But I mean… it sits on a shelf collecting dust now. No Fitbit/other behavior tracking device will ever replace that true motivation for wanting your best health/life.
What should women over 30 wear? WE HAVE A FEW IDEAS.
Kool Aid Man + mayonnaise = Guy Fieri. Megan Amram rules, always.
On using Ayurvedic beauty practices to heal chronic inflammation. Dry brushing and oil pulling add a lot of calm goodness to my routine, but both practices work overtime for other aspects of your health.
The last lifestyle magazine. What happens when that shared vernacular/cluster of aspirations becomes so ubiquitous that it spirals away from all meaning entirely?
Strawberry Rosewater Chia Fresca
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 4 cups water or do a half-and-half mix of coconut water and water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- I made up half of the water with coconut water so that I didn’t have to sweeten this drink with any additional ingredients. If you decide to go with all water, I’d recommend a little drizzle of agave nectar or maple syrup to really bring out that nectar-like strawberry flavour :)
- Combine the strawberries and water in an upright blender. Blend on high until liquified. Run the strawberry water through a fine mesh sieve, pressing through with a spatula. Discard solids and seeds.
- In a pitcher combine the strawberry water and the chia seeds. Whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, allowing the chia seeds to gel in the chia fresca.
- Once ready to drink, give the chia fresca a light whisk. Then, stir in the lemon juice and rosewater. Serve with additional wedges of lemon and ice if you like.