Bulletproof coconut masala chai latte is a rich and creamy warm beverage with lots of spice and richness from coconut butter and MCT oil. Naturally dairy-free and so cozy.
Hey happy weekend! Dropping in with some links, recipes, podcasts, articles, etc. that I’ve enjoyed recently and this tasty coconut masala chai latte done in the bulletproof style. MCT oil and coconut butter make the texture SO lush, and the flavour combination is just perfect. You really can’t go wrong with coconut and typical masala chai flavours. More frothy coffee inspiration here and here.
There’s no real theme to the links this week! Just a random assortment of stuff I enjoyed. I hope you check out a few of them if you have time to spare. We’re set up for a relaxed, probably uneventful weekend, which should be just the thing for me honestly. Hope that you have a good one doing all the things that you like to do :)
-I would be SO HAPPY if regular old white potatoes turned into the latest and greatest health trend. So ahead of the curve on this already to be honest!
-Some day I will make it to Natural Products Expo West, but until that day is here I’ll follow VegNews’ coverage of the best new vegan products that were released at the famed trade show.
-Loved this episode of Call Your Girlfriend. The hosts sift through the noise and the wild social-media-encouraged mythology of being a boss lady. Lots of self-help gurus talk about following your passion, but not enough of them tell you to save up a year’s worth of expenses before diving in.
-Recipes from friends that looked REAL good to me this week: vegan baked beans, next level lemon miso potatoes, tofu feta, and herb walnut falafel bowls with cashew tahini dressing.
-I am big on positive daily habits that can be stacked as you get more comfortable with integrating them into your life. They can be truly life-changing! “Any change we implement in our lives has to be something we are willing to do forever, not just for a two week cleanse.”
-Starting The Mastery of Love this weekend. I am a huge fan of The Four Agreements and refer back to it often–essential reading as far as I’m concerned.
-Can we feed the world with environmentally conscious farming practices?
–It’s 2050 And This Is How We Stopped Climate Change
-Little bit of self-promo: I was on The Golden Hour Podcast this week.
-This last one is for laughs. I always joke that influencers in the wellness space take up half of their Instagram captions with slightly buzzy descriptions of basic ingredients. I also shamelessly related to a few nuggets in here too: “I have pasta — it’s chickpea. I have seven other kinds of pasta too.”
Bulletproof Coconut Masala Chai Latte
- 1 ½ cups strong-brewed masala chai tea
- sweetener of choice, to taste (see notes)
- ½ inch chunk peeled ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil
- In an upright high speed blender, combine the hot brewed tea, sweetener, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, coconut butter, and MCT oil. Slowly bring the blender’s speed to high and bend until the mixture is creamy and frothy. Enjoy the coconut masala chai latte immediately.
- You can use regular coconut oil if you don’t have MCT oil
- I used a caffeine-free rooibos masala chai tea for mine, but whichever style you prefer is great.
- Sweeten this however you like. If you have a high speed blender, 1 Medjool date is nice. One to two teaspoons of coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey would be great too.