Just a quick recipe for you today! I follow a lot of folks that live in Los Angeles on Instagram, and the same beautiful, golden, and layered smoothie from Erewhon Market kept popping up as I would watch stories or scroll through the feed. It was a thick and creamy yellow-orange blend with stripes of deep pink all through it. Intriguing.
So I look up this Turmeric Crush Smoothie! And on the same day, a video of someone making it pops up into my feed. I was destined to enjoy this smoothie somehow haha. The original version calls for juiced carrots and orange, but I just chuck both ingredients in whole. I also used some frozen local peaches in the base and smushed raspberries for the tie dye-like stripes (rather than the original’s beet juice) to keep it a touch more seasonal. I stay true to the initial inspiration and include tart camu camu powder, but you could easily leave it out.
A sprinkle of turmeric, a squeeze of lemon, fresh ginger, some vanilla, and along with a tiny bit of salt and pepper, you’ve got one seriously refreshing smoothie. It’s my new afternoon snack obsession. The texture is super creamy. I love the grounding root veg flavour mixed with the bright citrus/ginger and sweet peach. This smoothie is so much more than its beautiful looks! I guarantee you’ll feel amazing after. I also do find that just looking at it is so energizing. It feels like life! Just so vibrant and way more than the sum of its parts.
For even more blended inspiration, I have a bunch of healthy vegan smoothies posted here! Some other favourites include my Chocolate Banana Oat Breakfast Smoothie, Wild Ginger Green Smoothie, and this Spiced Strawberry & Goji Berry Smoothie.
Golden Peach Sunrise Smoothie
- ¼ cup raspberries, fresh or thawed frozen ones
- 1 small orange, peeled and wedges separated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 frozen ripe peaches (about 1 ½ heaped cups of frozen peach chunks)
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon camu camu powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- tiny pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- This recipe is heavily inspired by Erewhon Market’s Turmeric Crush Smoothie and the version of that smoothie that Liv Steele shared on their Instagram
- You could use frozen nectarine in place of the peaches! Or use frozen mango and pineapple like the original version.
- The camu camu powder is definitely optional. It contains a lot of vitamin C and tastes super tangy. Just add a touch more lemon instead if you like!
- In a small bowl, mash the raspberries with a fork until the juices start to release. You’ll be layering this juice in between pours of the smoothie in the glass. You can strain out the seeds or leave them if you don’t mind the texture. Set the raspberry juice/purée aside.
- In an upright blender, combine the orange, carrot, frozen peach, ginger, turmeric, camu camu powder (if using), vanilla, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and water. Blend this mixture on high until creamy, thick, and smooth. If your blender came with a tamper, this is a great time to use it!
- Pour a third of the smoothie into a glass. Then, pour a third of the raspberry juice on top. Repeat with the remaining smoothie and raspberry juice. Enjoy immediately!