Learn how to make this frothy and lush peaches and cream protein smoothie in 10 minutes with one easy trick and some simple ingredients—it’s a treat for summer peaches! Made from a blend of both frozen and non-frozen peaches, almond butter, non-dairy milk, oats, vanilla extract, hemp, chia, and vegan protein powder, this breakfast smoothie strikes a nice balance between wholesome and rich. It’s fruity, creamy, and refreshing with a thick frozen texture (and no banana!). Use a high-powered blender for best results.
We always buy too many peaches at the farmers market or at the farm stands this time of year. I’ll either bake something that uses a bunch of them or start incorporating them into our breakfasts and snacks. I love a mellow vegan peach smoothie for breakfast in the summer so much. This one packs in about 24 grams of protein total.
With this peach protein smoothie recipe, I have you freeze a portion of the peaches and keep the other portion at room temperature. This ensures the best flavour and texture. The frozen peaches really bring the froth and thickening power here. Using a portion of frozen fruit in all of your vegan smoothies will create a creamy smoothie texture.
You don’t need to peel peaches for smoothies in my opinion. The blender can purée all aspects of the peach quite well (minus the pit!!), and the peels honestly help to make the colour of the finished smoothie more vibrant. Of course, if you can’t stand peach peels, feel free to remove them prior to freezing and blending.
Other summer fruits would mix well with peaches in this recipe! A handful of raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries would all bring a little tart contrast.
For vegan protein powder, I’ve only used one brand for years now. It’s Sprout Living’s Epic Protein in the vanilla lucuma flavour. It blends up silky smooth, isn’t too sweet (this is my issue with 98% of vegan protein options), and the ingredients are great. I have a 20% discount code with them! It is: thefirstmess.
Be well and cheers! :)
My Favourite Vegan Protein
I recommend boosting this smoothie with Sprout Living’s Epic Protein in the Vanilla Lucuma flavour! Not overly sweet, mixes in silky smooth, and no weird ingredients. Use code: thefirstmess for 20% off!
Vegan Peaches & Cream Protein Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk (I like soy or something high protein here)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder,
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegan plain or vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 large peach, chopped and frozen
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 1 soft Medjool date, pitted (omit if you want it less sweet)
- pinch salt
- handful ice
- The only vegan vanilla protein that I like is Sprout Living’s Epic Protein. I’ve used it for years! My 20% discount code for their entire website is: thefirstmess.
- I prefer almond butter in this because I think the flavour is complimentary. If you are allergic to nuts, I would substitute roasted sunflower seed butter.
- I know it’s fussy to have one frozen peach and one not frozen! But I always aim to give you the best, and this combination really did it for me.
- In my photos, I used a bit of vegan yogurt and peach compote that I had on hand to create some visual contrast on the glass. The compote is just peeled and diced peaches cooked down over medium heat with cinnamon and a bit of maple syrup until jammy. Then I quickly whizz it in my food processor!
- When I say large peach, I mean large! Mine were the size of softballs.
- In an upright blender, combine the non-dairy milk, vanilla protein powder, oats, vegan yogurt, almond butter, vanilla extract, lemon juice, hemp seeds, chia, frozen peach, non-frozen peach, date, and ice. Blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy!