The wild ginger green smoothie is super refreshing. With kale, coconut water, and plenty of fresh ginger. Makes a vibrant breakfast or snack.
This wild ginger green smoothie is my new favourite green smoothie! Sometimes I like a more indulgent, mint chip sorta feel, while other times I’m happy to just have a little bit of fruit whizzed up with coconut water and a handful of whatever greens we have on hand. I usually keep the kale for salads, but I do like it combined with ginger in this vibrant sip. Plus the colour of it is literally glowing with goodness. More smoothie inspiration right here for you.
We’re going pretty deep into the chill zone this weekend. So far there’s plans to have a stroll and get a doughnut here. Plus some fun gathering and dancing times at my cousin’s wedding. There will be porch hangs, and I’m going to finish up some planting too. Low key living is it! A few links for you to check out below, as always :)
Insight Timer is my new favourite app to help along with my meditation practice. Lots of free guided meditations and plenty of options for music/natural sounds if you’re into that.
A fast food restaurant that serves healthy meals made of local and organic ingredients, all for the price of roughly five dollars? Alright!
The world is a scary place, and sometimes you just need to watch frozen things get smashed into a million pieces.
DIY all the crucial components to any Chipotle meal so that you never, ever have to leave the house.
We should obviously respect 10,000 hour specialists, but maybe don’t idolize them. What if your interests/strengths don’t fall into one specialization? Embrace and work on all of your moving parts.
I’m totally down for bacteria and plant-based fiber. Listened to this older episode of the Rich Roll podcast the other day and loved it so much.
This oil pulling and tongue scraping infographic!
Some excellent quote-ables and a preview of a book I CANNOT wait to read. On success: “Find a new benchmark, a new standard, to hold yourself against. Emphasize the craft and the journey, not the result. You don’t want to get too hung up over a poor result, and similarly you don’t want to get too satisfied with a good one.”
Make sacred space on Sunday for an abundant week.
Wild Ginger Green Smoothie
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped kale, packed
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ ripe banana, preferably frozen
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder,
- 1 scoop greens powder
- In an upright blender, combine the coconut water, non-dairy milk, lime juice, kale, pineapple, banana, and ginger. Blend on high for a full minute, or until totally smooth. Enjoy immediately!
- Feel free to substitute the frozen pineapple with mango or peaches when they become available!
- Also, I can imagine a milder green (like baby spinach) would make this taste even better ;)