A roundup of 20 healthy vegan smoothies. I hope that this roundup offers you recipe inspiration for your blended beverage routine! Lots of different smoothie options for all tastes from my archives, along with some options from some of my favourite food bloggers.
I never make the same smoothie twice. I get bored easily! If you’re like me, some variety in your daily cup of goodness is ideal. In this roundup, I’ve got over 20 healthy vegan smoothies for you to try out. I have even more available if you pop over to the Beverages category of my site. These selections just represent some of my favourites. Whether you need some new breakfast inspiration or a wholesome, quick snack for kids, I’ve got ya covered!
I also love boosting my smoothies when I can. It’s worth mentioning that my favourite vegan protein powder is Epic Protein by Sprout Living. I honestly think I have tried every single option out there and this one is by far the best tasting. Not overly sweet, full of flavours like cinnamon and vanilla, dissolves perfectly, and the ingredients are really great. They have been kind enough to extend a 20% discount code to my followers! It’s: thefirstmess. Or, you can just click here and the discount will automatically be applied at checkout for you.
I’ve also been using Copina Co’s vegan collagen booster for a couple years now and cannot recommend it enough. My skin has been more evenly hydrated and my nails have never been stronger. Plus they all taste amazing and blend up silky smooth. The vanilla is my go-to.
1. Hot Pink Beet, Berry & Almond Butter Smoothie
An unusual but highly cravable combination once you get used to it. This one comes from my cookbook, and I still drink it all the time.
2. Maca Caramel Frap
This one has a bit of a butterscotch vibe that tastes so indulgent, but it’s loaded with wholesome ingredients. A little spike of coffee makes this a good option first thing in the morning.
3. Peanut Butter Vanilla Green Shake
This is my go-to smoothie base. Peanut butter, lots of baby spinach, and banana. It’s hard to go wrong because it tastes amazing, but is so nourishing too.
4. Deep Green Colada
All the tropical vibes, but with a little superfood twist of spirulina. You can’t even taste it, but you’ll still get all that deep green goodness.
5. Chocolate Banana Oat Breakfast Smoothie
All the goodness of oats, almond butter, plant-based protein powder, and banana, but with a little touch of cocoa to take it up a notch.
6. Peach Crumble Shake
I’m a fan of oats in my smoothies, what can I say! This one has all those hints of the cozy summertime dessert, but with feel-good ingredients like chia seeds in the mix.
7. Wild Ginger Green Smoothie with Coconut Water
So refreshing with the zingy ginger and fresh lime, and perfectly hydrating with the coconut water base.
8. Berry Beet Velvet Smoothie
Berries, coconut butter, raw cacao, and caramel-y dates. This one hints at rich red velvet vibes, and is boosted with a deep red, slightly sweet beet.
9. Spiced Strawberry & Goji Berry Smoothie
A comforting and familiar fruity blend with the added goodness of soaked goji berries and warm spices to shake things up.
10. Banana Bread Shakes with Walnut Milk
This recipe calls for a homemade walnut milk, which really takes those banana bread flavours over the top. You could definitely make it with whatever plant-based milk you like though.
11. Frozen Rosemary Watermelon-Ade
Once the deep heat of summer sets in, I challenge you to find a more refreshing smoothie. The rosemary is unexpected and incredible here.
12. Espresso Chocolate Hazelnut Shake
This one from the Blissful Basil Cookbook definitely inches toward dessert territory. The roasted hazelnuts blended into the smoothie bring out those Nutella vibes.
13. Roasted Strawberry Coconut Shake
Worth the extra step of pre-roasting strawberries! Plus, you can always do a big batch once they’re in season. Perfect for topping Bircher muesli or smushing on toast.
14. Deep Tropical Vibes Green Smoothie
Mango, coconut, fresh ginger and orange juices. You can hide a good amount of kale in this glass of fruity and tropical goodness.
15. Coconut Blood Orange Lassi
It’s not secret that I love cardamom in a smoothie, but mix that with blood orange, sweet pear, and coconut yogurt? I’m done.
16. Thick Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
Super indulgent, but wholesome enough for breakfast. Coffee, peanut butter, oats, banana, and plant-based protein combine for early morning perfection.
17. Tahini Shake with Cinnamon & Lime
An unusual, but super creamy and satisfying combination. The lime helps cut through the richness of the banana and tahini.
18. 5-Minute Spinach Banana & Ginger Smoothie
A whole two cups (!!) of spinach hides in this blend with fresh lemon, orange juice, cinnamon, and vanilla. Everything you need to kick start your day.
19. Pumpkin Smoothie with Ginger & Cardamom
I will happily enjoy this pumpkin smoothie all year. This spiced combination goes equally well with cooked and cooled sweet potato.
20. Beet & Blood Orange Spice Smoothie
More beets, blood oranges, and warm spices in a smoothie! I guess I just know what I like? LOL. That hot pink hue is hard to resist while we wait for local summer berries and other colourful seasonal fruit.
21. Golden Peach Sunrise Smoothie
This vibrant and refreshing golden peach sunrise smoothie is creamy and sweet, a little bit spicy from fresh ginger and turmeric, with a hint of tart raspberry juice poured between the layers.
22. Creamy Vanilla Chip Smoothie
Like all of my smoothies, this one is naturally vegan, and also perfectly sweet, loaded with fragrant vanilla bean powder, cacao nibs, rich cashew and coconut butters, and is thickened with frozen pear instead of banana!
23. Spring Thaw Smoothie
This is the perfect way to welcome sunnier days returning. Carrots, citrus, and frozen banana combine with warm spices, nut butter, and non-dairy yogurt for a hearty and unusual vegan breakfast smoothie.
HEALTHY VEGAN SMOOTHIES FROM SOME OF MY FAVOURITE BLOGS
And how about a little more healthy vegan smoothies from around the internet?
🖤 I did this hearty smoothies piece (top photo) for The Kitchn a while ago. 5 great and slightly unusual options. The orange tahini is my fave!
🖤 Avocado Pineapple Smoothie from Sweet Potato Soul
🖤 Adaptogenic Date Shake from My New Roots
🖤 Peach Pitaya Tahini Smoothie from Will Frolic For Food
🖤 Turmeric Chocolate Breakfast Shake from Brewing Happiness
🖤 Fennel, Mango & Avocado Smoothie from Golubka Kitchen
🖤 Japanese Sweet Potato Smoothie from Okonomi Kitchen
🖤 Berry Superfood Smoothie from With Food + Love
🖤 Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Smoothie from Vegetarian Ventures
🖤 Cocoa Tahini Shake from Tending The Table
🖤 Matcha Mango Smoothies from Love & Lemons
Peach Crumble Shake & 20+ Vegan Smoothies
- 2 ripe peaches – pitted, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- I used my cashew pecan milk for the non-dairy milk here. SO good! But any milk will due.
- The lemon juice seems weird, but is necessary to lift up some of the oat-y, sweet flavours here. If you have orange juice around, a splash of that might work too.
- I don’t want to sound too precious, but slicing and freezing ripe summer peaches is pretty crucial to the success of this one. The bagged frozen peaches in the freezer aisle have less peachy flavour and skew more towards neutral.
- In an upright blender, combine the frozen peaches, oats, date, chia seeds, almond butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder (if using) non-dairy milk, and water. Blend on high until thoroughly combined and frothy. It’ll be super thick! Enjoy immediately.